1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Solo Project

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by andybb1500, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Just wondering if some people would be interested in hearing my solo project. Some feedback would be nice too :)

heres the link: www.myspace.com/andrewcollingwood

2. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

It definitely sounds groovy, and I like it. I haven't listened the whole way through all the songs, but if anything, I would recommend just having faith in yourself behind every note, as it sounds like you're unsure of yourself at points, especially in "Journey by the Ocean". Remember, you're not in a competition with anyone, so just relax and play. "Neptune" actually sounds great; I love how you approach the fretless lead parts. I'll listen some more when I have extra time, but awesome so far. Just my humble two cents...

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1 to the sounding a little unsure. You gotta sit back and chill a little more. Go with more feeling than thought.

Pretty good tho, keep it up :D

4. thanks for all the constructive criticism guys :) oh and the notes sounding unsure, do you mean that because im not dead on the beat because thats probably how i record it. I piece it together on audacity it can sometimes seem out of time, any advice with this? cause its been bugging me for ages!

5. good call about the "Journey By The Ocean" song, i was actually thinking about redoing this song because the strings clash with the bass IMO and my transition between the two passages is BADDD! :p i think ill stick to the major scale melody from the start but just layer another bass instead of strings :)

6. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Best damn elevator music i've heard lately :bag:

7. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    This is just my opinion, please do not be upset.

Your off the beat. Your playing seems to lack passion. You seem unsure when you play. Your not locking in with the groove.

It's better to just playing simple 8th notes with fire & passion then to just putter around, which is it what it sounds like to me.

Sorry

8. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I think the lack of passion was a thing for me too. The playing had no voice to it.

Also there was too much repetition in a lot of those tunes.

9. rhix

rhix

May 14, 2007
    You need to work on your timing a little. I also think the comps are just a little bland, especially the last one which never went anywhere.

10. Hey guys i just updated it and have 2 new tracks, Pink Bell a bass solo (its kinda rough but i wanted to get it out there :p) and Pineapple Waltz.

thanks for the feedback too, its the first feedback ive gotten and has helped me with these 2 new songs, hope you like them :)

11. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Much better this time around, still a few boo boo's but overall feels more relaxed and tighter with the beat.

When you solo you need to go somewhere with it, not just meander in the same vein. You should have a beginning, climax & end to your solos.

Keep up the progress. You're definitely sounding better

12. ashleythedude

ashleythedude

Jul 30, 2008
    added on myspace.....great for 15 years old I must say! Keep at it and u will be a monster. Just make sure you are always still playing in bands and or other musicians that can challenge you and help you with timing. Sitting in ur room doodling with not really make you a better musician.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021