1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some mixing advice

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by JellinWellen, Oct 9, 2013.

1. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    So I'm in a band that has 2 guitarists (both use ac15s), a keyboardist/vocalist (microkorg and vocals through PA). The drummer likes to play loud sometimes but after the first few songs he starts to settle down. So I've been having some issues being heard. We haven't gigged in awhile but in the practice space which is a medium sized room. I usually have my mids cranked but when I turned up the master the drummer and one of the gui****s said I was too loud. Their old bass player had everything but lows cut and rolled his tone all the way off with bass boosted on an ibanez SR. It sounds like they just aren't used to the bass being heard or am I really too loud? Yes the gui****s like to play loud.

2. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    Do you mean your having trouble hearing yourself ?Cause if 2 guy,s say your loud your not having trouble being heard.Tip your Amp up on an angle more towards your own ears.Adjust your amp to be heard by you its your personal monitor.You mave have to move around abit to find your personal sweet spot were you hear yourself great and your sound doesnt bother your band mates.From this point your sound person will do the mixing....Good Luck