Sonar 4 & Presonus Firepod: Is There Anything Easier???

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 23, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

downloaded the demo for Sonar 4 Producer version, and wow! what a great product. sooo easy and very intuitive, even for a noob like myself.

i.e. was really easy setting up submixes to send to my drummer, the vocalist, and myself.

highly impressed with it and my new Presonus Firepod. definitely thinking about picking up the "Studio" version.

definitely recommend this combo to anyone! and speaking of which, anyone using this combo? any tips and tricks y'all can share?
  2. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I use Sonar 4 Producer with a MOTU 828, which is very similar to the Firepod. I love the setup and have been using it for a couple years now.
  3. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    just got into the computer recording thing and have that same combo sonar 4 with presonus firepod. yeah, so far it`s great! have only tracked and listened to playback live drums and bass, so far so good. hav`nt mixed down on cd yet. i`m a total computer dummy. my son is good at the computer stuff and is supposed to help me on the cd thing today.
  4. firepod rocks........i use cubase le that came with it. boy is this simple. sure makes hr easier. i record our practice live with 8 inputs, then quik mixdown and bingo........a burned cd!