Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Song Cheat Sheets

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by RockBass, Mar 13, 2005.

1. RockBass

RockBass

Mar 6, 2005
    South Florida
    I still consider myself a novice. But I have learned quite a bit of music theory on my own.

I first started out learning and memorizing scales/modes, etc.

Then my guitarist (and friend) said, "...that's great, but what songs can you play?"

I realized that I could not play any songs. :crying:

So, being an organized kind of guy, I put together this format to help me learn songs.

You can argue about the tab being correct (pulled from the web, not created by me), but the format and structure of the song are much easier to see and memorize in this format. At least for me. :smug:

Here is one that I made, for example, to help me with 3 Doors Down "Loser".

Is it perfect? No. Does it still need work? Yes. But you'll get the idea. :D

I'll put up some more if anyone is interested in the format.

Attached Files:

2. RockBass

RockBass

Mar 6, 2005
    South Florida
    The colors indicate that you play the same riff as was shown in the first colored box (of that color).

Again, it's not meant to be perfect by any means.

I just like seeing the song broken down into sections and the lyrics too.

My goal was to get it onto one page, get it close to perfect and then laminate it, punch holes in it and put it into my 1/2" 3 ring binder that I take to "mid-life crisis coworker band" practice.

;)

3. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I like it good idea :hyper:

4. That's really cool RockBass!

I admire your creativity.

I'm just starting out on bass and by reading your post it inspires me that I should pick a few fairly easy songs and do something similar.

p.s
    I also admire the fact that you're a supporting member even though you only have a few posts.