Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sonic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Nov 15, 2003.

1. has anybody ever heard of the company Sonic, are they any good, if you have do know a price range for them?
    i think the site is sonicspeakers.com but im not sure
    thanks

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    They're in Cudahy, WI... Seems like solid stuff..a friend has been using a small 1x15 of theirs for years and it's still going strong.

I think prices are on their site. Search www.musicgoround.com for used prices...they seem to have a lot of Sonic cabinets from time to time.

3. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I have a Sonic 1-18. It's about6-8 years od with an EV18B. It is a solid plywood, rugged, steel corners, no frill cab. It blows away the Eden 18 XL. My ferret used to climb inside it, so I turned it upside down, and dcovered that it is punchier. Prolly cause the port on top does not couple with the floor as much. I will NEVER sell this cab.

4. does any one know how uch there 6x10 would be new

5. I think Sonic uses B-stock EV drivers in all its cabs. Good way to get great speakers for cheap if they have any kind of pre-screening or warranty.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  7. Is it just me, or does anyone else see something wrong with their 210 outweighing their 410?

8. anybody know how much the 4x10 or 6x10 cost new?
    Are these amps expensive/cheap? Priec Range

9. i'd really like to get my hands on their 1x18" W-bin folded horn!

10. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    [​IMG]

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

11. Rockbobmel

The "W" is prolly for PA. I gthe 1-18 It's a thiel style cab, and it KILLS...!!!

12. so does any one know roughly how much he 6x10 is, i tried call that place in mass and it wa to no luck.

13. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  14. Rockbobmel

If you do call them, please find out if it is a sealed cab.

15. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    My guess is that it's a sealed enclosure. All of the other Sonic enclosures not only look ported, but the bullet points indicate that they are for enhanced bass response.

16. I use a 1 X 15" compact Sonic cabinet loaded with a JBL E-140F as an extension cabinet. It is solidly built and it sounds great. I bought it used years ago for $150.

17. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Crazy work day prevented me from calling to get a price.

I'm going out of town for a couple of days, so if you want a good price send your inquiry to:

sales@musiccenterinc.com

This is the Music Center of Kenosha (WI). Kenosha is also to Kern as well as the former home of AMC and the Renault Alliance (The one to watch).:D

18. The used one at BassNW is $499. Dunno if I should say this, but I got my used Bergantino 6x10 for roughly $100 more than that; and it's an awesome box no doubt.

19. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I was at the Music Center of Kenosha tonight. I asked about prices on the B610T.

With standard speakers...List $750, their price $475.

With upgraded speakers....List $950, their price $619.

You can even get the cabinet without speakers...List $450, their price $299.

The salesman didn't know if it was ported or sealed, so I'll stick to my original assumption that it's sealed because, unlike every other Sonic bass cabinet, they make no mention of it being ported on their web site.

Based on the prices I included above, that used one at Bass NW is overpriced...

20. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If anyone is interested in a Sonic 6x10 for a great price...this one is up on ebay right now. The opening bid is $200, the seller told me the reserve is about $250 or so.

NCI on my part...but someone needs to bid on this cabinet so I don't get GAS at the last moment:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2366553624

To answer an earlier question on this thread, the Sonic 6x10 is a sealed cabinet (no ports).

Have fun!!!