Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sorry

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Jun 2, 2005.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    It looks like someone took offense to my posts in the "Greatest Book" thread. Sorry about that. I didn't put in any smilies because I thought it was pretty evident that I didn't decide the eternal resting places of men's souls....I guess it wasn't as evident as I thought.

Sorry about that. I hate you all ( ;) <----Just in case someone thinks I really hate everyone.)

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Wow, since you had no avatar, I didn't even read what you said. Did you say something offensive?

;)

3. Hey Jive1, who were you replying to?

4. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    :spit: ;) :p

I didn't think I did, but I have a tendency to offend people without meaning to. Really, I do apologize about that. I didn't mean to piss people off.

And about the no avatar thing - I keep forgetting to mail in my check to Paul to renew, but it seems that my offense was bannable...so...it might have been a good thing that I didn't mail it in yet :meh: Let's hope not.

5. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Hey! You're apart of The Nothing just like me.

Chant: We are legion for we are many.

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Man I thought it was closed because of my zinger on Brian (nonsqtr).

Well - I know you meant it as a joke bassturtle and I thought it was bloody funny. You should read what we are saying about you in TPA :D

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's not up to us to forgive you.

You must look to a higher authority...

...not that high...the Mods.

8. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I thought that was great! Everyone knows that Brian's posts are way more thought out and consequently longer than the rest of ours. It makes him an easy target :D

It seemed obvious to me. However, much like the fate of men's souls, it doesn't matter what I think.

Dang you, Aussie! I'll have my day! Mark my words!

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I set a Squire P Bass on fire in an attempt to appease the Mods. Hopefully my prayers and supplication were heard.

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I don't care about a higher authority. They'll do what they want to do anyway (zing-zing-zing). :D

I posted my reply in TPA - where the rules are more permissive, and I can get away with murder, bassturtle, are you hearing me?

:D

(Bassturtle, you really need to get your avatar back, I can't figure out who you are without it). :D:D:D

(ps. - I just set an old Mosrite on fire last night - that was worth a dozen Fender's :D:D:D)

11. I thrive on anonymity.

Be someone Batboy, be someone. :)

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    [​IMG]

brad cook

13. Brad...........I almost had a heartattack I laughed so hard. I wanna be a supporting member........someone tell me how .................how many basses must be burned?

14. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    1/50 of a $1000 bass, or 20 $1 basses.

15. An absolutely PERFECT (and brilliantly timed, as it turns out,) example of why the "Emoticons" are so VITAL ("negative" ones especially).

Without them, each and every post is much more open to misinterpretation than would otherwise be the case.

16. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Thou wilst choose the best of the flock to lay upon the altar to the Mods....

Thy Squier is has been weighed, measured, and found wanting..

17. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    So, for those of us that have been revising for exams recently, what did you doo, turtle?

18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    He forgot to place a "joke" smiley in a joke post, which resulted in other people taking it serious etc etc. It was about the Bible so that didn't help either.

19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I thought it was because I compared Nonsqtr's post to the bible, noting that the only difference was, the bible's a quicker read. I thought it was OK to offend Christians on TB, but you CAN'T OFFEND NONSQTR! :D

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Offending almost anybody on TB is a no-no :p