Soulless bandmates part2. They never reply to emails!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by crow01, Aug 4, 2009.

1. crow01

crow01

Sep 1, 2008
    chicago
    Sheeez. This is getting on my last nerve now.

I write emails to these guys and they never reply. I know they got the emails, I see them online on myspace. I ask them about the song list, the gig, the demos, etc.

I kinda sound like a stalker, but this is so annoying. They never reply. Like never. None of them. I am playing with mutant vampires from mars.

I mean if email replaced all other kind of communication, why is it that is so impersonal.

I think email needs a big upgrade or I will spend a few hours looking for a new band.

Don't you hate it that people don't reply to emails, or am I the only one here?

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    You 'could' call them... possibly email isn't their primary way of communicating?

3. theFALLEN

theFALLEN

Jul 29, 2009
    My band have a really wierd setup, we all work for the same company and sit e-mailing each other regarding band shiz' all day...sometimes up to 100+ emails!!

I do know what you mean though about how annoying it is when band mates do not return messages...especially if they are friends because then you are in the unknown band area of "buisness/personal relationship"...kinda like sleeping with a work colleague if you get me?

I'd sit them down and tell them that its got to stop, or alternatively find yourself a new band with members who are as committed as you are!

Hope that helps!

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    POssibly they'll tell him his plague of emails has to stop... just a possibility.

5. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Well, i seem to be in the same boat as you are. I don't bombard them with e-mails, i have sent maybe 2 in a week and i get no response or days to get a reply. In other bands i have been in communications were allot better. It makes me wonder how serious these guys are, so no...you are not out of line unless you are flooding them with e-mails.

6. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    same thing over here. emails go out with agenda, questions and confirmations of arrangements from last rehearsal. nothing. frustrating.

7. crow01

crow01

Sep 1, 2008
    chicago
    not stalking email. more like 1 email per week. no call during the day cause i don't want to interrupt anybody at work or whatever it is that they do.

the texting is weirder cause they tend to mass text, so I don't know if the message is to me in particular.

more like a 1 page email of thoughts, ideas, etc. From which nobody ever replies. Maybe I am trying too hard and nobody really cares. So why bother?

Just practice, play and shut my mouth. Or just find people with some soul.

8. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Right now it's what i do, i decided to let it go and let the others decide about schedules, material, practice, etc. i just do my part and play

9. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Weird. Seems to me like e-mail is a no-brainer to keep everyone in a band coordinated and things running smoothly. I do know that some companies are cracking down very hard on "non-business" use of e-mail so your bandmates may be non-responsive out of concern for that (if you're sending band related e-mails to their work accounts). But if you're sending to their personal accounts, there's really no excuse for non-response.

Maybe try texting your bandmates and see if they're more responsive to that. Anymore, in my band if there is vitally important communication we usually wind up doing both (e-mail and texting), just to make sure no one has an excuse.

10. It seems they are more into texting than email. Why not do that?

11. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    IMHO texting sucks a**. A very weak substitute for e-mail. But, there are certain people who pretty much don't communicate any other way (and/or, have their phone with them a lot more often than they're on a computer), so if you're dealing with a bunch of those I guess you go with the right tool for the job. Adapt and improvise... like all good bassists do :bassist:

12. lexxmexx

lexxmexx

Apr 7, 2008
    I have been in bands with guys like these before, and I was the only one who replied to the band leaders which made me feel kinda silly. But the boys delivered what were requested in the emails and feedbacks were done in person during the next meetup, and the leader was cool about it.

Some people are just like that, they just can't think of anything to reply even when all you expect is a simple yes or no. But do they read your emails and respond to whatever you have requests (eg. new songs to learn) the next time you guys meet? If they do, then I guess it's fine.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021