1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soundcard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BklynBassman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. BklynBassman

BklynBassman

Sep 13, 2012
    Was wondering, can anyone that plays a lot of music on their computer recommend a really good soundcard? Price is not an issue.

:hyper:

2. wcoffey81

wcoffey81

Feb 3, 2012
    S/E Michigan
    creative is the big dog of soundcards and turtle beach offers a few. diamond makes a couple as well. m-audio offered a reasonable priced one a few years ago that i really liked and they used some of their own technology.
    creative has been given a bad name because of driver issues but i haven't heard of that being an issue with a modern pc.
    over the years i have sold and used cards from all of the companies i mentioned plus some that i'm not thinking of at the moment. i wouldn't have a problem using any of them if i were building myself a new pc. just make sure you have a free pci or pci-e slot and get the correct card to match.

3. I would recommend any of the AuzenTech sound cards! And maybe the ASUS Xonar Essence STX or something of the like.

I wouldn't get the sound blaster stuff. Or anything aimed towards gaming.

:)!

4. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you are thinking about recording audio, I can recommend Focusrite:

http://us.focusrite.com/home?rd=1

..though there are many fine options out there. Do not use anything from Creative or Soundblaster, though, as this is not their primary focus and you'll always have problems.

If you aren't planning on recording audio, I'm not sure it matters.

5. BklynBassman

BklynBassman

Sep 13, 2012
    I was looking at the HT cards as well as the ASUS Xonar's. I have built a pc that has plenty of space and even though I am running SLI with 2 video cards I have a Ppci-e slots open, Being it sounds likle you guys know your pc sound, any recommendations on really good speaker system for music on a pc?

Thanks guys

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021