1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soundwear Protector bag

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by Earl, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    If you are thinking about spending that much I would go Mooradian deluxe. best gig bag ever. money well spent.

3. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Have you compared the two?

4. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    not side by side, but my teacher have a Soundwear which is a very good gig bag indeed, but I got the Mooradian deluxe, and I really like the features, (pockets, handles) and it is very light weight for the kind of protection it provides, but yet it's very sturdy. And the best part is that it's built solid. Great quality.

5. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't know the "protector" bag. Have used a Performer, and have owned a Moo Deluxe for like 20 years. No quality complaints about the Moo at all, but as far as protection, comparing it to a Performer would be like comparing a Honda Civic to a Humvee. In the end it comes down to how much protection you think you need, and how much weight you're willing to schlepp (not to mention how much you're willing to spend!). I don't care for the Performer - extremely heavy and inflexible, but I think it probably does offer much better protection than the Moo Deluxe. On the Moo side, that's my choice, but I think the handles aren't that well thought out. I'm comfortable carrying the bass on one shoulder for a quarter mile or so, but when I want to switch shoulders, the handle on the other side ain't there. ***!

Edit: *** is banned? It was a three letter acronym starting with the fourth to last letter of the English alphabet. I understand wanting to keep things clean, but isn't this a bit over the top?

6. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Still going on 7 years with my Performer. Money well spent. Inflexible or not all bags are bulky one way or another. It's not a big deal to me. I'm a klutz so I'll take all the protection I can get.

No go with the Mooradians for me. Living in SF, backpack straps are a must and work far better than a wheel. Pushing a bass uphill is a drag. Less **** to keep track of too. Carry a bass 1/4 mile is no prob with the bp straps!

7. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Native American proverb: Never judge a bass player until you have walked a quarter mile up Lombard Street with his Soundwear bag on your back!

8. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

I've had a Mooradian for almost 10 years. Had to make some small repairs a couple of years ago. However, no matter how many times I fix it the front pocket zipper keeps breaking.

I have seen the Performer and while it's a great bag I wouldn't want it - too heavy/bulky and too expensive. The Protector however is 9lbs, has backpack straps which I think I would like, and comes in other colors besides black which I like as well. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen/used a Protector and how well it holds up.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021