1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by surge, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Hello TBers,
    I am seeking some advice on who makes some good quality (but not too expensive!) 10" speakers for a 410 cabinet I am having built.
    I play a lot of funk stuff, not sure if thats of importance, and play through a GK 700RB.

Thanks in advance amigos,
    dan

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    You've put the cart before the horse there, mate. First one chooses the drivers based upon the performance he's looking for, then he designs the cabinet to work with the drivers according to their T/S specs (after Neville Theile, one of your countrymen). I'd stop the work on that box until after you resolve the driver issues. Eminence is my suggestion there.

3. Ahhhhh I see... hm, well the cabinet is going to be a stock standard item from my mates new range and I am unsure of its chracteristics and qualities in terms of mating it with certain speakers.
    I was thinking I could load something special in there as a bit of a customisation/personal enhancement, but I see what you're saying...

Thanks for the advice squire.
    Would therer be any particular item from the Eminence range that you would recommend me looking in to?