1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

speaker advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by T-time, Jul 23, 2007.

1. T-time

T-time

Jul 23, 2007
    me and a buddy of mine want to build a 4x10 cabinet but we're wondering about speakers... what are some good ones? I've never done this before so any help would be awesome.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The best speakers will sound like crap if mounted in a cabinet that is not sized correctly for the speakers' T/S parameters and if the port is not tuned correctly for those specific speakers.

I suggest you do a little searching around this forum as this question is asked pretty much every week, and there is tons of good info available at your fingertips.

3. T-time

T-time

Jul 23, 2007
    thanks

4. First of all, what do you want to achieve?

If your requirement is something cheap, buy a used Avatar 410. You won't find a better deal.

If your requirement is something not available commercially, or an optimally tuned cabinet, or simply a DIY project, then proceed further. You have to know what you want (and let us know too).