Speaker Cable Question -Parallel Cabinets from Bridge Mono Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thefunkgorilla, Aug 17, 2013.

  1. thefunkgorilla


    Mar 26, 2013
    I have a question about Speaker Cables- If I am running a power amp in bridge mono and have a bridge mono cable connecting it to an 8 ohm cabinet with parallel speakon jacks, do I need a special Cable to connect this cabinet to another 8 ohm cabinet or can I use a standard speaker cable? Thanks.
  2. Bassmann1968


    Feb 17, 2009
    A standard speaker cable will do.
    Next time better mention which equipment you are using ;)
  3. B-string

    B-string Supporting Member

    The special end of a bridged cable is only at the amp side.
  4. Rick James

    Rick James Inactive

    Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    Bridged mono is used to get a higher voltage into a high impedance speaker. If you have two 8 ohms cabs parallel you don't have a high impedance speaker. Run the amp normal, one cab on each channel.
  5. 1958Bassman


    Oct 20, 2007
    What power amp? Is it rated for bridge mode into a 4 Ohm load? If not, don't do it.
  6. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jun 21, 2021

Share This Page