1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reasonbass, Dec 25, 2004.

  1. The outer foam thing on one of my speakers has come unglued I guess. Now when I play a low B note it starts to fart and flap. Is there anyway I can fix this or should I take it to my authorized repair shop for warranty repair?

  2. This "thing" is called a surround. It could be foam, it could be rubber, or it could be paper.

    If it's not torn and the glue is just separated, you can glue it back. Buy speaker surround glue from Parts Express.

    If it's foam and the foam is torn, you can buy a replacement foam kit from Parts Express also. (I've just done a set of car speakers and the kit worked great). Just buy the kit for the correct size speakers and follow the directions enclosed.

    If the surround is torn but it's rubber or paper, glue probably wouldn't fix the tear correctly and the speaker should be reconed IMHO.
  3. its not torn, its just separate. Thanks for for the help!