1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Rattle in Avatar NEO 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe Kyle, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    Hey,

So heres what i know:

1. I dont get the sandpaper/ gritty feel when i move the cone by hand.

2. I can only keep it at a 2-3 volume before it starts to rattle, and i mean shake like a baby rattle. This is fine for at home, but in a live setting it just wont cut it.

3. Its just the right speaker, the left one works fine.

4. everything seems to be connected fine.

So my question is, what can i do, and what should i do to get this up and running for a gig Saturday night?

Kyle

2. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    Here is what I would do:
    First - Try the cabinet in different postions to see if you can reduce the rattle: upside down, on right side, on left side, tilted forward, tilted back, etc.
    Second - pull the rattling speaker out and see if it is something easy to fix - like the wires hitting the cone, or part of the cone needing re-gluing.

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Are the screws that hold the speaker to the baffle tightly secure?

I've heard of people replacing the speaker screws with Tee-Nuts.

4. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    So i took it out and tried different angles. Still Rattling.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    As indeed they should be.

Paul

6. Does the speaker rattle when it is out of the cab and being held in your hands or set on carpet etc?
    I has a speaker that the out surround had to much overlap and was rattaling on the paper cone so I glued it down and it worked great and it was on a 18EV.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Rent a cabinet to get you through the gig and if the gig is more than a tiny place rent more than a 2x10!

Paul

8. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    Bassman Paul- I have a 2x12, i just wanted a bit of headroom, plus, how much fun is it to play in front of a stack?

FuzzBox- Yes, it rattles when being held facing up in my hands. could you please explain the rest of that to me?

9. IdealWay

IdealWay

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheville, NC
    I'm having the same problem with only one speaker in the B410 NEO I just bought. Anyone else have suggestions?

I read the rattling can be a product of a lead wire problem... how would I check and fix this?

If something is coming unglued, can I just glue it back with superglue?

I just bought this cab yesterday and need a solution that won't cost any $$$! I know, it might not be possible, but I need to try everything before I resort to buying another speaker.

10. JeremyJJackson

JeremyJJackson

Mar 1, 2009
    T-nuts are the best! i would recommend that everyone switch to those, just put in a little lock tight and they will never come loose.

It it is a lead wire problem the try re-soldering it and yes you could use superglue but that is a very temporary fix and i would not recommend it.

11. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.