1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by goofus12, Oct 21, 2010.

1. goofus12

goofus12

Oct 21, 2010
    I just bought a Hartke 3500 and now I want to get speakers for it. I can get a cabinet rated at 600 watts RMS1200 watts peak at 4 ohms with 2-15's in it or or I an get a Cabinet with 4-10's in it rated at 400 watts RMS 800 watts peak at 8 ohms.

The manufacturer say it is rated 350 watts at 4 ohms or 240 watts at 8 ohms.

Which should I get?

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Plug in and try them and listen to your ears. Without know manufactures of the cabs, it's hard to give any guidance at all. Even if we did know them, it'll still be necessary to plug in and try them.

3. goofus12

goofus12

Oct 21, 2010
    I am going to order them. There are none in the area where I live to try out.

The Brand name is seismic.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Never heard of them, and the only website I found for them doesn't tell me much. Throw a dart at a dart board?
    Where are you located that you can't go try some cabs? (filling out your profile would be a huge benefit)

5. goofus12

goofus12

Oct 21, 2010
  6. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    i'd look into building my own using a quality driver or two rather than throwing money at these (i was checking out the specs a bit ago...), or go with used gear from the classifieds here.