Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speakon cables for my GK and SWR rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doublenickles13, Mar 18, 2004.

1. I searched the archives and did some reading up on Speakon cables. I have a GK 1001RBII head and an SWR Goliath Senior(6x10) cab. I noticed that there is two jacks on both head and cab. Would I want to run 2 cables? I think I read that one of them was for a 50 watt tweeter amp the GK had, and although the SWR cab has a tweeter, the tweeter output will only work with another GK cab.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. atomic_turtle

atomic_turtle

Jun 22, 2003
    Dracut, MA
    :bassist:
    No. I have the Goliath Senior as well and if you refer to the owners manual you will see that your cab has two 1/4" jacks and two speakon jacks. There is a 1/4" input and output jack and a speakon input and output jack. Plug your amp into either the 1/4" input jack or the speakon input jack on the cabinet.
    SWR manula can be found here:
    http://www.swrsound.com/products/ownersmanuals/procabs_om.PDF
    :hyper: :bassist:

3. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I asked about this in one of my threads as well- you can use a 2 conductor speakon to connect the head to a cab. you won't be able to use the 50 watt tweeter amp though, since the swr doesn't have a seperate tweeter input, it has a passive crossover. :bassist:

4. OK, Thanks fellas