Specific notes WAY overpowering??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tunaman, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    My new Sterling has a HUGE volume difference when I play certain notes such as E & D on the A string. Also the A on the G string is weak. The rest of the notes on each string are alright. You can see the volume difference on the Eden Navigator LEDs. There is not change with EQ from the bass or the amp. It just seems that those notes are "organically" louder.
    Thanks a million seriously... my bass is TOO new for this!
  2. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Its brand new but was on the floor for maybe a year. Its in perfect shape action wise etc except for those notes. Would strings play only certain notes on it way louder?? Does this eventually happen with all basses? Doh! Off to the show with the boomy bass... outside in 90 deg temps... thats fun! (The bass has always been in a climate controlled environment too)
  3. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    This should not eventually happen to all basses, and I'd be pretty dissatisfied to find uneven spots on the neck of a new bass. Have you played this particular axe through other amps and speaker combinations? Is it as noticable?

Have you changed the strings, using a different brand or just a new set? If not, that's something you'll definitely want to try.

Have you had your guitar professionally set up? Is the break angle of the strings over the nut and bridge normal on all strings? Is your bridge properly setup intonation-wise?