Spector Cases

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Big giant head, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Big giant head

Big giant head

Feb 21, 2005
    The reviews on musiciansfriend.com on Spector cases are pretty bad. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they worth the $?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I see the negative reviews are lacking in content: the first one doesn't mention why it's a bad case. (Maybe he works for SKB (maybe not, he apparently can't spell it)) and the second negative review complains that its a generic case.

If you're looking for a case that says Spector on it, it's the best one out there. But if you just want a case that will hold your bass, check out TKL or another generic brand. I guess people are upset they paid $120 for a case that's as good as any other.
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I think the Spector Case is a great one, It is form-fitted to the classic NS Spector body shape, and is very sturdy, I didn't and wouldn't pay $120 for non-flight case, but it is a good case nonetheless.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The only case that correctly and safely fits the Spector NS shape is the Spector case. The generic cases are made to fit flat or "slab" bodied basses, not the curved back of the NS body.
  5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The NS body was also licensed to Warwick for the Streamer model. The Rockcase Flight cases for Streamers work for them as well. There's a deluxe model, and a standard model that is probably around $90.00 US, give or take. I have one of my Spectors in the Deluxe flightcase, while it's heavy, I know my beloved number 1 axe is well protected!