1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Identification help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mdalamond, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Im looking at picking this up ( spector) but am not sure what model it is. Can anyone help?. It plays excellent but isnt cosmetically perfect . It does have active EMG 's in it. Can anyone give an idea of what its worth?

[​IMG][/IMG]

Attached Files:

2. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Woodward, Oklahoma
    legend. nice bass.

3. Would $400 be a good deal? It has couple small chips and the hardware is kinda dingy , needs a good cleaning but as I said before it plays excellent

4. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    1st Gen. Legend 5.

Pickups are passive EMGHZ's, EQ is active.

5. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    I believe that was a special edition for Sam ash with that pickup config and the original spector black cherry fade. Those are cool. I would be ok paying that for that bass. You do see them , but not too often. If you like the bolt on , is say go for it . Always see if you can get it for less. If you want a NT bass, hold out for a NS2000 at the same price. A lot of bass for the money.

6. Thanks for the info guys. Very helpful towards making my mind up. I believe I will pick it up tomorrow. :hyper: :bassist:

7. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    No it's not. It's a standard production first generation Legend 5. I had the same bass. Excellent neck, great sounds. Regret having sold mine. $350-400 would be my guess to used value.