Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bste9, Apr 14, 2005.

1. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    Hey Spector freaks,
    Can you tell me the difference between the Euro LX and just the Czech Euro? And for that matter the rebop. I bought a rebop a while back and its ok. When i bought it i was also looking at the Euro neck thru and they played like butter. But i didnt like the rebop as much, but i got a real good deal on it so i bought it. So yeah whats the differences?

2. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    The ReBop is alder and bolt on, and has passive pickups (but an active preamp). It costs quite a bit less.

The only difference - I think - between a Euro and a Euro LX is that the Euro is solid maple, while the LX is half alder, half maple.

http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/euro.html

- Looking at that page, the plain Euro doesn't seem to be listed anymore. has it been discontinued?

3. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    yeah thats what i was wondering? Is the plain old Euro discontinued? I really liked those, far superior to the to the rebop, although the rebop isnt bad, i just cant quit using my warwick corvette over it.

4. My guess is that the old Euro was too close for comfort to the US models and sold at a 1/3 of the price. I would guess this may have been hurting US sales so they changed the Euro into the slightly cheaper LX model. A close-up comparison in Sound Control showed little difference between the Euro and the LX other than the obvious stuff mentioned by Geeth. The only stuff I could see was the fingerboard edge binding (the Euro had a really subtle black binding between the fingerboard and the neck; the LX none) and the MoP inlays seemed of a lower grade on the LX. The available finishes are different too. FWIW I see they're now doing an LXM with a maple back half instead of the alder.

The Rebop is a completely different animal and not to my taste. If you can get old "new" stock on a Euro that's where my money would go, otherwise settle for an LX/M.

5. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    thanks for the info. im not looking to buy either of these two, im just curious. i already have the rebop and i am really not all that impressed with it, but i was very impressed with the euro.