1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Splitting mono bass signal

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Digity, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I want to split a mono bass signal so I can run one signal into my Sansamp RBI and the other into my Sansamp RPM then all my EQ and comp stuff. What is the best way to split the signal?

Thanks.

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    There are both clean and dirty outs on your Sansamp preamps. Use them

3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    +1

Run the clean of one into the front end of the other.

Alternatively you could split the signal up front with any number of signal splitting devices. ART makes some decent, transformer isolated splitters for very little cash that do what you're looking for, but since your RBI and RPM have it built in, I'd just go that route.

4. I usually record with a split mono signal from my Sansamp Bass Driver. I send one output to my GK rig which is miced and then the other output goes straight to the board. The engineer and I love the results.

Interestingly, I usually record with a Rickenbacker 4003 but have found splitting the mono signal works a lot better for me than using the Rick-O-Sound

For playing live splitting into two rigs, I have used a Lehle splitter with pretty good results.

5. Joeplanet

Joeplanet

Apr 30, 2011
    DFW
    It just occurred to me to do something similar.

I just pickup up a Megoliath this weekend (right here on TB) and I can run the cabinet like two 4x10 cabs in a single box.

I have a QSC RMX 1450 power amp that I would like to drive it with -- Channel 1 to the top and Channel 2 to the bottom. As you can imagine, I would like to keep the bottom round and big and send only effects to the top four speakers. Additionally, I have an Ampeg SVP-RPO pre-amp that I would use for the big round tone on the bottom.

My question is: Since my Tech21 VT Bass Deluxe has two outs, should I send (the parallel output) to the Ampeg pre-amp and the colored output can run into the power amp directly?