1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier classic vibe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wishbon7, Jun 11, 2012.

1. wishbon7

wishbon7

Jun 24, 2006
    Haven't had a squier in long time. This one blows me away. It's sounds really good. But anywho I didn't like the natural look so I usually get my paint from guitar reranch. But I thought would try something different. I think it turned out nice. I think I may have a mint green pick guard made for it I'm not sure yet.

Attached Files:

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    I'm partial to Krylon for spray paints, but the automotives will always have a better color selection. Yours came out really well, by the looks of it. How many coats of clear did you use?

Also, how did you prep the area for airborne contaminants? No matter where I've done it or how much I've prepped, I always seem to get dust flecks in the paint...

3. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I'd personally keep the black pg, that looks awesome. I'd also like to know the answer to Marko's questions

4. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    So "+1" for me

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. wishbon7

wishbon7

Jun 24, 2006
    I've alway just painted out side in my carport. I use a tack cloth. I also wet sand. As far as coats. I used a can of that clear. Plus I never go for that new look. I really like the old nitro look. I kind of like the black pick guard too.