1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Jazz Bass Bridge Cover?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Meg Learmonth, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Meg Learmonth

Meg Learmonth

Oct 28, 2017
    So I'm very new to using forums as I've happily bumbled along in my own little world of bassey things, but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer to my question;

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass that I love very much. I'm currently undergoing some easy modifications like changing the pick guard, knobs etc. But, I really love the look of having a bridge cover (not a pickup cover only bridge). Are there covers that would fit my bass? If so how would I go about installing one on my bass?

That is all,

I thank you greatly for reading :)

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Regular fender jazz bridge cover will work fine on a vmj. Just line it up, mark through the holes onto the body , drill it and screw the cover on. Use pickguard screws so it doesn’t slide around, the tapered head’s trap the holes in the steel cover well.

ddarrell2 and Meg Learmonth like this.
  3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Welcome to TalkBass. ^^What 96tbird said;^^ ; if you are using the stock bridge, hi-mass bridges don't fit under the pickup cover.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017