1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier M5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, Feb 21, 2016.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    What is this mystery bass? I can't seem to find any information about it. Here on TB, there's one post from a person back in 2005 who says that they own it and want to upgrade to "a bass that's better for metal."

What's the deal with the M5? Was it a decent bass? Anybody know the specs (string spacing, finishes, year of manufacture, etc)? I've found one online for wild cheap, so I'm just looking for info.

Thanks

2. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    You sure it isn't a Squier MB-5? (MB=Modern Bass).
    I had a Squier MB-5, it was a decent enough bass just needs pickup upgrades imo and it can be a pretty good player.
    Specs are here:- Squier MB-5 Modern Bass InstrumentShowcase.com -- Musical Instruments and accessories

Squier's MB-5 was based off the Fender MB-5, not the same specs as the Fender had a narrower neck and was a pretty good bass, never got to try a Fender one to compare though.

3. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Maxdusty likes this.