1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier VM PJ wiring diagram needed.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mark Ambler, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Mark Ambler

Mark Ambler

Nov 18, 2017
    London, UK.
    Hi, I know there are plenty of PJ wiring diagrams about, but I'd like to know how these Squier PJs are wired. Unusually, there are three wires coming from the Jack output, hot, and they are each wired to one lug on each pot, (white Vol 1, yellow Vol 2, red Tone), I haven't ever seen this on a PJ diagram before. If anyones got a diagram with this wiring or could shed some light, that would be much appreciated.

BTW I've put a Fender vintage noiseless in the bridge and a 2016 American standard P pickup. Sounds and plays excellent.

2. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Probably cheaper to make, maybe more suited to pre-assembly. Might be more prone to noise given the additional wire on the hot leg, but functionally the same as any other VVT setup...

Mark Ambler likes this.
  3. Mark Ambler

Mark Ambler

Nov 18, 2017
    London, UK.
    Thanks. Excuse me while I google electronics for dummies:)

I can sort of follow your diagram but I definitely need to do some homework.

4. Electrically it's the same as going from Vol1 > Vol2 > Treble cut (tones) pot > output jack

SteveCS and Mark Ambler like this.