1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Vs. Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Goose72, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Goose72

Goose72

Dec 24, 2006
    NW Indiana
    Hey guys, I just got my Ibanez GSR200 bass for Christmas, and I already have G.A.S.

after i start working and have enough money to buy a new bass:hyper: i will be looking into somehing that looks like a P or J bass.

so my real question is this...
    Do Squier products have a great lack of the tonal quality, feel, and overall sound etc. that come with the actual Fender basses?

I will play both before purchasing, but i am here for a reference. I thought about the Squier, because it looks almost exactly the same, but with about half of the price tag, which makes me happy, because i could get it sooner:bassist:

2. I'd get a Squier Vintage Modified before I'd get a MIM Fender.
    The fretwork, pups and feel of the P blew away the Mexi-P's I tried.

3. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    i had a Squier 5 string as my first bass and while it was great to start on i really don't think a regular squier jazz or P would be much better than your ibby in regards to sound and feel. However, these new Vintage Modified Squier's are proving to have some serious bang for the buck (i own the fretless). It pretty much comes down to If your buying for looks, get the Squier or a used MIM. If your buying it for sound and playability then save some more money for a used MIJ or MIA fender, and get better with the ibby in the meantime.