SquierMan! (Ebay weirdness content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dalkowski, Jan 31, 2020.

1. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. First thought is it's weird that the paint on the headstock and body match that well.

I'm no expert but my Squier Musicmaster is 30" so why wouldn't it intonate with the right adjustments?

Cool idea but probably something I wouldn't buy either without getting "hands-on" first.

3. That's pretty cool, in a weird way. Honestly if SBMM weren't releasing a budget-ish range short scale Stingray, I'd be tempted to try something like that.

4. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    I totally hear ya, but I'd want to take a tape measure to know for sure that the 12th fret is dead center on the string length. It was the first thing that came to my mind. (Why wouldn't it be? I don't know -- I've just never seen this kind of hybrid.)

We both own Squier MMs and I wouldn't for a second consider parting mine out.

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  5. I wouldn't either, but admittedly of my 3 basses it's the one I play the least. I thought I had it sold once but the guy didn't follow through. Still happy about that so it must not have been the time to let it go.

I suppose you wanting to see the tape measure for yourself makes sense too since you can only see one end of theirs in the photo. Where are they measuring from? Goes back to my thought from earlier that I'd want to see it hands on before considering handing over the $$.

dalkowski likes this.
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I think it looks great and it is a cool idea. It looks to be fairly well done too.

dalkowski likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021