1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squire bass in lefty?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Evilio, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Evilio

Evilio

Sep 16, 2008
    Ignoring the fact I used to hate Fender's (they're way too common) let alone Squier's, I've come to appreciate the new Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz Bass. The only problem is, I'm left handed. While I had no problems converting a RH EB3 to lefthanded, to convert a Fender would greatly reduce the amount of playable frets, so that isn't an option. Now, I haven't seen much mention of lefty Squier's, so myquestion is, can you get left-handed models that are made to order? I really dont care if it costs extra. Thanks.

2. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    I'm not one to nit pick, and also I completely understand what you meant... but I find that funny

my actual question is... if you never played it how do you now you'll like it?

3. Evilio

Evilio

Sep 16, 2008
    I've played a right handed model upside down a few times, but obviously no higher then roughly the 15th fret...mark.

Aye, I didn't see what you highlighted when I replied :p

4. Chrispurchase

Chrispurchase

Oct 24, 2007
    i've only ever seen the p-bass special in a lefty model.

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Yeah, the P-bass special is our one option. Thanks a lot, Fender.

6. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Cheapest way to get a fretless Jazz bass is buying a Mexican Jazz and taking it to a tech to get the frets removed professionally. You could end up with a very nice bass, much nicer than a factory Squier fretless.

Japan makes a version of the '62 reissue lefty and fretless, but with the ban Fender has imposed in exporting new MIJs from Japan, they are impossible to find, and the cost around $800 anyway.

Rondo Music used to have a fretless lefty Jazz clone for $160. . . but not in production anymore.

7. Evilio

Evilio

Sep 16, 2008
    Hmmm...The Mexican idea doesnt sound to bad, there's nothing better then owning a customized bass. Anyone know a rough figure for how much fret removal would cost? Though I'm sure prices would vary considerably. Thanks for your help everyone.