1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SR 900

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Krinkle5, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Krinkle5

Krinkle5

Feb 16, 2006
    I saw and Ibanez SR900 at a local guitar center they have it marked at 500 the bass its used but its in mint condition doenst have any scratches or dings, I asked one of the guys and they gave me a deal for 400, but I said I will be back tomorrow because they were about to close, please let me know if this is a good deal! the bass is originally sold by 800 I believe

2. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    jump on that. i have an sr 400. its heaven sent. by all means. GO.

here's mine:

eedf318c.

and i seriously doubt you will find any other sr400 with such sweet flaming :smug:

he's getting some new pups in a week or three. either EMG or barts. and passive wiring.

BTW, i firmly believe it is one of the best necks in the bizz. bets being a roscoe. or a custom luthiers neck who rips off the ibanez specs directly :)

3. Yeah that's a really good price.

4. Yes, very nice price, get it if you dig it!

5. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Nice price but dont feel that just cause its a good deal its the deal for you.
    It's gotta feel good.

6. steve21

steve21 Banned

for an 8-900 dollar bass in perfect condition, 400 bucks is great.

7. The SR900 is a great little bass. If you like neck-thru designs, you'll love it. It's pretty versatile too.

8. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I was thinking you were gonna bash the SR900, looking at the "angry" smiley you put in the thread title. Anyways, that's exactly half off of retail. In mint condition, that's a good deal on ANYTHING.

PS - Is it the Violin of the Flat Black?

9. I think my 406's flame rivals yours in abundance and bueaty... shame I dont play it at all, I really wish I hadnt bought it right now, money down the drain... looks like Im a 4 string guy after all, lol

-ryan-

10. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Thin neck and fairly tight string spacing so make sure you play it for a while before you pull the trigger.

If you like it than go for it. They are nice basses and they have Bartollini electronics.

For $400.00, thats a deal and half as long as you like it.

11. Once you join the Ibanez club make sure to post your photos and thoughts about the bass!

12. Hey
    I got an SR905 and its awsome. Get it.