1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SR370F/SR375F Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by khutch, Jun 1, 2012.

1. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    If you have been thinking about getting a fretless bass even though they are overrated (??) and have been quietly lamenting the fact that Ibanez dropped the fretless SR from their 2012 lineup, lament no more. For a week or two or more Sam Ash and Guitar Center have listed an SR370F as coming soon (SA) or in stock (GC)! Ibanez has been saying nothing about it, SA described it with 2011 pieces parts, GC described it with 2012 bits. Well, it apparently is real, a new 2012 model, and it is listed on the Ibanez website today. It may not be what I ultimately get but it looks interesting to me. Definitely on the short list.

I think I have given up on five strings and will probably trade my SR505 on whatever fretless I do get but there is a five string SR375F too.

Ken

2. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    Glad to see more fretless basses out there, but man I hate that brown burst finish. Maple body is cool though.

3. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    I don't care for that brown either, I may buy one anyway.

4. 33hz

33hz

Oct 31, 2011
    they should really consider a 6 string version...

5. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    We ordered a 4 and a 5. Got 2 5's. Just got the 4 in today. Nope wait.... it's another 5! I like it though. The burst looks better in person. Had some weight to it and a nice feeling Ibanez neck. When/if the 370 ever comes in it might go home with me.

6. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    Post an actual picture of a 5 string, that would be cool.

7. I would live to see a 6 string version.

8. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Sep 11, 2012
    Chicago
    I just played one at a local store. The neck is unbelievable. It's as narrow at the nut as my Geddy Jazz and the neck is as thin too. It feels incredible. OK now need to sell a bass and play a gig to pay for this. I wish the body was a bit bigger, but it played fantastic.. loved the neck.