1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stage Spice

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by FPFbass, Mar 15, 2009.

1. FPFbass

FPFbass

Jan 23, 2009
    Burlington, VT.
    What are some of the random and meaningless things that you and your band mates do while on stage? You guys have to have some good stories in there somewhere. I sure as hell don't. Our singer hates it when we do anything on stage but play music.

2. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    we use in-ears, so we have 2 "talkback mics on stage that only the band can hear. you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that get's communicated on those mics!

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

I'll often say a sentence or two about a song, e.g. "That Creedence song dates to 1967" or "I've been listening to that Beatles song for forty years and still don't have the words perfect."

4. If you have a fat guy in the band, two words, truffle shuffle.

5. undeadbass

undeadbass

Jun 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    During a recent gig, which we recorded and are actually releasing next week, my singer tied all the originals into a cohesive narrative. It worked out to be pretty cool!

6. Vanceman

Vanceman

Feb 14, 2007
    So. Cal.
    Good things to say!

Sometimes I hear cover bands say the name of the song, or some detail, as if they were the writer, or a mention of a bass or drum solo, prior to the start of the song. I hate that, just shut up and play! :)