1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Stambaugh Custom 5 Figured Walnut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by arszon, Jan 21, 2017.

1. arszon

arszon Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Handbuilt Custom bass from the talented Chris Stambaugh

Prefer a sale but Might consider a trade for a Sadowsky 5 or similar, Playing more traditional basses these days

Black Limba body core with a highly figured Walnut top and back. The fret board is Macassar Bbony, and it has a 7 piece set neck made of Wenge, Bubinga, and Maple.
    Pickups are Bartolini jazz pickups with Massacar Ebony covers, and it has a 4 band audere 18v preamp. It is the most effortless playing bass I have ever played! Bass comes with the matching Walnut ramp shown in pics, along with a nice padded gigbag.

The bass has been played and shows some minor cosmetic wear.... nothing major. Mainly some thumb wear in the normal suspect areas, between the pickups, and below the neck pickup. A couple of small love bumps, and the Macassar Mbony wood pickup cover on the neck pickup has a small split in it. Cosmetic wear can be seen in the photos I have attached, and none of them affect the sound, or playability. Overall the bass is in great condition.

If your not familiar with Stambaugh basses you can check them out at:

Stambaugh Musical

They are handmade boutique basses built by Chris Stambaugh in New Hampshire.

IMG_20161122_010026. IMG_20161122_010053. IMG_20161122_010146. IMG_20161122_010306. IMG_20161122_010344. IMG_20161122_005519. IMG_20161122_005943.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    brettson, baltodoc and 5StringPocket like this.
  2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Nice! Scale, String Spacing, Nut Width, Weight?

3. arszon

arszon Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Texas
    Hey Spence,
    She sure is! 34" scale, about 9lbs on the bathroom scale. Nut is 1 5/8", spacing is at 18 mm now but is adjustable so you could get 19mm

Low action too! Plays like a dream

4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I owned this originally Spencer, she's a sweetheart. I just don't do 5's anymore or I would be tempted to buy it back.

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Oooo, another beauty from Chris.
    GLWTS

6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    It really is quite a nice 5 string, warm round tone with the Audere 4 band EQ, I owned and gigged this bass for about 5 years before an unfortunate lay off forced me to sell it. Really comfy to play at 34" scale too, Low B is plenty focused, much better than a lot of others I've tried.

arszon likes this.
  7. arszon

arszon Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Texas
    Prefer a sale but Might consider a trade for a Sadowsky 5 or similar, Playing more traditional basses these days