1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Standard" EA VL-208 vs. "Combo" EA-208.

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Blue, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
    I'm having a hard time selling a rare Euphonic Audio VL-208 Combo (empty-headed) - and thinking instead about selling one (or two) of my "standard" EA-208's. They're really the same, but one has a 2U air-head, so arguably it's an easier / quicker set-up (and you don't need to worry about leaving the amp home!) .. the other provides more versatility.

Any advice on which DB'ers would prefer and why?

2. robgrow

robgrow Supporting Member

May 1, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    A few years ago, VL-208's commanded premium prices and didn't stay on the market for very long when they came up for sale. More recently the demand for these cabs has decreased substantially I think. if you are really motivated to sell, you may have to find what is the current price the market will bear in order to make a sale.

Also with so many lighter-weight cabs available today, the VL-208 being relatively heavy is not in its favor. I used to own a VL-208, and I don't miss carrying it around.

Good luck.

3. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    +1
    While there are many things that make it a standout, it's weight it 48 lbs. E.A. offered to re issue a limited run of the cabinet, and I think at the time there were only 4 takers. Bob Gollihur recently sold a pair of VL 208's in the DB classifieds, so for the moment there may not be any takers, because of there recent avaliablilty.

Ric

4. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

Oct 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Sad to hear. I have a VL208 and a VL110. Due to some of the recent innovations and G.A.S., I have been contemplating on selling mine. Perhaps I'll just resign myself to keep 'em or do what I always do when I really want to sell something: Price 'em to move and forget about what I think they are worth/what I should be able to get for 'em. Personally I liked the Air Heads. Had an Eden 2x10 AH and sometimes really regret letting go of it.

5. Blue

Blue

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
    Might Be Right - hadn't thought of that: