1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Starzinger?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilser, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Anyone remember these 70s anime series? I've been trying to get the series either dubbed or with english subtitles. When I was a kid they ran it on local TV dubbed in spanish, but it was only like 25-30 episodes cycling, we never got to see the end. I think they called it "Spaceketeers" in the US.

[​IMG]

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Oh yeah. Vaguely. Wow. I totally forgot about that. I remember sometimes they'd put it on with Battle of the Planets.

3. No, but I just grabbed a Speed Racer DVD- Mr. Zinger looks related. :D
    Had the term 'anime' been coined at this point?

4. In the 80s in LA (latin america :D) it was part of a series of manga called "festival de los robots" (festival of robots, duh) which had a bunch of really cool (at least for me at 10yrs old) shows. No idea what they called them in the US or if they even ran them. I know the Force Five shows had some of these, but not all.

They called the genre "manga" I think.