1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Status Smartbass... Anyone own one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joesick, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Joesick

Joesick

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm thinking about getting one of these bad boys, anyone got one?

Also, what p/up configurations do you guys like best?

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I always think they're a bit of a cop out...what you pay for them, you get a customised "workhorse" bass, but for the same money, you can get some amazing Status basses used.

3. Joesick

Joesick

Jan 3, 2007
    I doubt I can find one matching what it is I want from a bass

Singe MM pickup, on/off switch, LED's
    lovely

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well yeah, Smartbass is the "custom" way to get a Status without going £££, but they are still very expensive imo...

5. Phezwick

Phezwick

Jan 1, 2008
    Walnut body, soapbar pickups, 3 band eq with sweepable mids, mono-rail bridge, and of course the graphite neck. Construction is great and the setup was top notch too. Had this bass around seven months now and definitely wouldn't like to part with it. Even though I'd describe it as a very "modern" sounding bass, it's extremely versatile and in my opinion definitely worth the money.

Attached Files:

6. statusplayer767

statusplayer767

Feb 22, 2011
    I'v had my smart bass for over 2 years now. (walnut body, soap bars, 5 strings(with a high c)) PLaying mostly jazz. Its the best thing i've ever played, and would recomend to anybody. Feels great, always sounds great and have had no problems at all. Definetly worth the money!