1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steinberger Spirits

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Vee, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    At practice right now.
    4E725B54-FBEF-4B66-9899-2699E9E94566.
    Edit: ...and need some coffee...

2. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, as @lug said, 25" scale is not gonna work for you. The leds are embedded in a clear tape strip at the correct positions for the scale length you order- you don't place them individually on the neck, you just put the whole tape strip on the side of the neck.

3. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    The free "fix" for battery anxiety - when you put in a new battery, put a small piece of masking tape on the cavity cover and write the date on it. Change the battery when it's 6 months old. As long as you don't leave your bass plugged in, you will never have a battery die on you again.

This is a good practice whether or not you have an easy access battery compartment. Having a battery die in the middle of a gig is a thoroughly amateur move, no matter how quickly you can swap it out.

AstralBirth likes this.
  4. Thank you for that, I believe it’s going to be 6 months by the end of June lol so I’ll definitely be doing that.

5. Got an email reply from Roz and was very helpful, I explained to him about my bass being a headless and he went and changed my scale order to a 34” instead of 25”. Should be getting the fretlights done within the middle of July!