1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stepping up and getting things done

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, Nov 24, 2010.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    My band has been slacking A LOT the past few weeks and we had a band meeting about. We went from maybe an hour long practice around goofing off time to 3+ hours of non-stop focus. It's great and in just the two practices that we've gotten seriouse we've already got a demo ready to record. I'm excited about this.

However, I'm also a little iffed because I tend to be the only one that remember's my parts, We've had to start a few songs over from scratch becuase the drummer and the guitarist had forgotten what to play. I started to be non-chalant with the guitarist and get him to write his parts down "hey could you tab that riff for me. I want to tinker with it at home and see if I can add some fills" Although as for the drummer... I'm not quite sure what I can do. We only have a 4 track recorder so sometimes it can kind of be difficult to get all we need recorderd (I wouldn't mind recording the entire practice sessions just incase someone gets inspired and a really good song emerges and is forgottne immediatly.)

Also how do you add soundtracks to forums?

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    +1

At least record the completed songs and put them on CD(or whatever) and/or a download service so everyone can access them.

Tabbing out the tunes can then be done by anyone in the band.

No excuse for forgetting the finished songs.

How about a rehearsal where only the finished songs are practiced? A review and revise type thing.

Record everything. Like you said, you never know when something cool pops out.