1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

stereo xlr connections questions

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Sahe_Bassist, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ok, new to this...

i recently received a behringer eurorack ubb1002 from a local pawn shop. the mixer has 10 channels - the first two have 1/4in. line in & an XLR, 3-8 have STEREO L&R 1/4in. and an XLR.

question is, can i connect a regular(mono?) XLR (say from my DI out on my bass amp head or a mic) to the stereo XLR inputs? or is it just going to give me (presumably) L input?

2. The manual is online, it's on the first page if you google 'behringer eurorack ubb1002'.

The short answer is yes, those are just regular mono XLR inputs and you can plug a DI or mic in to them. The routing is screwy, you are kinda using two of the line inputs as a single mic input.

3. i checked the manual first. printed it, i read it, and couldnt find a clear answer. however your explanation makes perfect sense. basically it shouldnt make a difference for the XLR input.

4. DuraMorte

DuraMorte

Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, the stereo channels only operate in stereo if they're being fed from the 1/4" inputs. The XLR input is always mono.