1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sterling 4HH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stonewall, Feb 8, 2014.

1. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    Last night was my first night switching from my MM Stingray 4 H to my MM Sterling 4HH.WOW am i happy i loved my Ray but found the neck a little fat for me. My main go to bass is my CS 64 Jazz Relic i pefer that neck so the Sterling is a good choice for my second bass.As soon as i played the first song live on stage last night i was in love with the feel it just feels great hanging from the strap on my shoulder.From that point on i experimented with all the different tones offered with the 5 position switch man does this bass offer alot of different sounds and she cuts through the mix.I cant believe how much i can also change the tones just by changing my thumb position placement from the bridge pickup to the neck pickup.Talk about a depth and punch change wow.What a great quality instrument.Its funny how fast i fell in love with this bass.Ive been struggling for the last 3 months trying bass after bass trying so hard to make myself happy with a second go to bass.

Mediocrity Man likes this.