1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Steve Harris playing a Jazz bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by odin70, Jul 30, 2012.

1. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Here it is...
    sh jazz.

2. Thats Steve Harris? When?

3. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Sure is.. It from "The history of Iron Maiden" documentary. Pre Iron Maiden. Gypsies Kiss i think or Smiler

I dont know if its a fender or not..

4. davidjackson

davidjackson

Sep 10, 2011
    UK
    Well he obviously wasn't very impressed by it!

If you check out some of the videos from the Powerslave record you will see him playing another kind of bass too. Looks like an Ibanez to me.

5. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Ibanez it was, and Lado once in a while during the Somewhere in time tour.

6. Electrophonic

Electrophonic

Aug 11, 2010
    No, the picture is from summer 1977. The Iron Maiden line-up at the time (outdoor gig at a festival) was Steve Harris (obviously), Dave Murray (you can see a bit of his arm in the picture), Ron Matthews on drums, Den Wilcock vocals and Bob Sawyer (guitar).

He played this sunburst jazzbass a little while in the very early days. Also played p bass.

7. Yep, a passive Roadster. I used to have one just like it, pretty much a 24-fret P bass (with an optional J pickup of course).

8. ethanbowen666

ethanbowen666

Jan 8, 2011
    Bassist, shadowseerband.com
    Haha awesome!

I'm will see him play his P-bass tomorrow. I won a contest to go into the venue 15 min early, so I will be right up against the barrier!!

9. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Enjoy!

10. ethanbowen666

ethanbowen666

Jan 8, 2011
    Bassist, shadowseerband.com
    It was amazing. He pointed his bass at me and did that thing he's always been known for!:hyper:

11. GK Growl

GK Growl Banned

Dec 31, 2011
    My son is gonna freak when he sees this! At least Steve finally came around to the P.