1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Sticky Tape Wounds, what Brands

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by La Faro, Dec 29, 2019.

1. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    I have GHS 3060 M Black Nylon tapes on my acoustic. I've seen other say they find tapes sticky, and other baffled that tapes would be sticky, by their experience.

For me the sticky is not so much the feel, but the string noise the strings make when I pull off, particularly if it's off at an angle. The strong noise is fine, but I would prefere if it didn't.

So I'm on GHS 3060 M Black Nylon

Do you have this issue with you GHS 3060 M Black Nylon?

Do you have this issue with other brands?

Do you not have this issue with other brands, and what brands would they be?

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    They shouldn't feel sticky. Tell them to wash their hands.

3. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Read again

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021