1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stiff Fingers

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Levarioj, May 11, 2010.

1. Levarioj

Levarioj

Mar 30, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I was wondering if anyone gets stiff fingers or knuckles? I'm starting to have this problem and it's bothering me. I do pop my knuckles and I have been reducing how many times I do it but I haven't felt any difference in the stiffness. It there any exercises I can do or take some Vitamin B for the nerves? Thanks, Jose

2. Meatbass

Meatbass

Apr 30, 2010
    Frazier Park, CA
  3. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    +1.

Not alone would it not hurt (provided you do it gently !), it is a necessary part of warming up and down. When I have done my stretches, I usually do some chromatic finger exercises (slowly) above the fifth fret. Also, drink plenty of fluids to make sure you are hydrated.

4. Chris K

Chris K

May 3, 2009
    Gorinchem,The Netherlands
    Partner: Otentic Guitars
    You bet. I turned 58 this week, so... Excersises, fluids, absolutely. On top of that: keep your hands warm at all times. Never play with cold hands.

5. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    what everyone else said, plus if you want to take supplements then take glucosamine/chondroitin/msm/vitamin e

6. blockinlay

blockinlay

Feb 21, 2009
    Phila Pa
    Could be carpal tunnel.
    I deal with the symptoms and wear wrist braces when I sleep. Don't have nerve damage yet.

7. Levarioj

Levarioj

Mar 30, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Thanks for your tips!