1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Still good advice for method composers

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by TomGale, Mar 28, 2009.

1. TomGale

TomGale

Jul 31, 2005
    American School of Double Bass
    I wrote this a few years back but its still good advice today...

Somewhere out there in bassland are several or more people thinking of becoming a double bass method composer. You see the fame, the glamour and the money and wonder, “Could that be me?” Before you decide, let me tell you of the dark side - the underbelly of the beast. Its not all bling-bling and public adoration. As soon as you go out your door, the paparazzi are sticking flashing, clicking cameras in your face and screaming, "Look here, look here!". In the checkout line at the grocery store you see rags like the Globe and see where you are having an affair with Paris Hilton or Michelle Obama. When you walk out on stage with your orchestra, the audience starts to chant your name. Fellow musicians become resentful - not to mention the conductor. Its embarrassing. Your life becomes a living hell. You can't walk into a restaurant or party without getting hit by a hail of women's panties. Well, I guess its not all bad.
    So, before you go over to the ‘dark side’, think it through. It may put you into therapy or yoga. You have been warned.

Tom Gale ASODB.com

2. derob

derob

Feb 27, 2009
    Lametown, MN
    What is the point of this post?

3. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Should this be in the humor forum?

4. TomGale