1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stingray 4 with 5 knobs?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AceOnBassWicked, Nov 29, 2010.

1. AceOnBassWicked

AceOnBassWicked

Oct 29, 2010
    Hello, I told my cousin to buy me a Stingray 4 in L.A. and bring it to me in Denmark, (the valuta makes it cheap... And I dont have to pay taxes.. well maybe..) He found one at 1200 dollars but it has 5 knobs? ... And I dont see a seperate pickup.. What is it called, and is it better/badder than the Stingray 4 with 4 knobs? Please, I would like a fast response ;)

I'll post a pic later, Im in school and all those damn size limits!!! :D

2. It'll be a piezo bridge! So, master volume, 3 band EQ, and piezo blend knob.

3. AceOnBassWicked

AceOnBassWicked

Oct 29, 2010
    I dont know if this is a noob question but I dont see any bridge pickup.. Btw. I attached a picture.

Attached Files:

4. The piezo is loaded in the saddles, so basically it looks virtually the same apart from the extra knob. Its a nice addition if its not costing you anymore. It can give you a very unique tone. Of course you can just have the normal Stingray sound as well, or blend it, or full piezo. Search youtube for a few vids for demos of it :)

5. AceOnBassWicked

AceOnBassWicked

Oct 29, 2010
    It cost me less, haha ;) I'll try to search some videos about, thanks for the help! :)

6. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    MM's are known for their single pickup, that's why you don't see 2. They do make em with 2 though.

7. 1200 for a piezo 4?

DING,DING,DING,DING,DING.

Spring on that ****,brah.

8. AceOnBassWicked

AceOnBassWicked

Oct 29, 2010
    I took it ;) Thanks for the help everybody - Its gonna be an awesome christmas!

9. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Welcome to 2010. Ernie Ball Music Man most certainly makes a Ray with two pickups. :bassist: I own several.

10. Scatterblak

Scatterblak

May 12, 2007
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Endorsing Artist for Low End bass guitars, DNA Amplification
    You bet - here's mine:

[​IMG]