Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonbassboy, Dec 18, 2003.

1. jonbassboy

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm starting this site call
    I'm not really doing this to advertise it, more just to say i need pictures and stories. go to the site and if you want to contribute...let me know
  2. wombolombo

Nov 29, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    I believe that Flea exclusively plays Modulus now...unfortunately.
  3. naw, i saw him play a fender this summer.
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    a fender? where? when? what song was he playing?
    I know he played a jazz bass(mabye not fender) playing right on time once......
  5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Flea mentions in his latest bass player cover story that he still plays a Stingray as well as a Fender jazz and Modulus.

The issue was from earlier this year...
  6. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    ah that wud explain it, our BP is late out over here
  7. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    You forgot to mention Robert Trujillo on the Current Stingray player section!!!!
  8. monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Flea uses a variety of basses in the studio, but from what I understand he uses a Modulus pretty much all the time on stage. He said in an interview he also takes the Modulus to sessions.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That guy from Linkin Park uses a stingray. :rolleyes:
  10. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    When does Robert Trujillo play a stingray? I never seen or heard of him ever playing one... what songs/band.. even in all my infectious grooves clips I never seen him with a stingray.

Lots of dudes in the current pop/punk bands play stingrays.

Even Jason Newstead has played a stingray, might own one.. but I doubt he "plays" one currently...

If you ever have time to do this, it would be a neat addition to your site:

List everyone who plays or has played a stingray, each person with a link to a page explaining when they played it, which recordings/bands, etc... if possible a pic of them with their 'ray.. that would be fun.

I will contribute a story and some pictures.. gimme a few days ;)
  11. The guy from AC/DC uses one (sunburst I believe).
  12. Seems correct to me:

13. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    That leads me tho answer with another question:
    Have you ever seen the St. Anger Rehersals DVD??

Well, Rob plays one Stingray 5 (Pearl Blue/rosewood) on "Frantic". Also you can see a sunburst (not sure) on the Bass wall he have behind him!!!!!! ;)

I went to an AC/DC concert on march 2001, and Cliff was using a sunburst Sterling.....
  14. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Oh that's right.. I did see the St. Anger rehearsal dvd and I do recall a 5 string 'ray... when I think of stingrays I think of fourbangers not fivers.. sorry 'bout that.
  15. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Cliff used late '70's 2-band Stingrays for decades, though I don't doubt that you might have seen him with something else.

Lesseee... If I were a zillionaire, would I only play one kind of bass? Nyahhhh....:rolleyes:
  16. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´m pretty sure it was a Sterling and not a Stingray.....the body shape is unique.
  17. hc-audio

Nov 19, 2003
    Finland, Lapua
    nad pantera's bassist uses stingray too. cool black stingray 5
  18. I believe Elton John's bassist, Bob, plays a couple SR5s. And the bassist for Maroon5 looks like he plays one too.
  19. jonbassboy

Dec 18, 2003
    sweeeet....thanks for the extra names.
  20. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    the bassist of Parallex(coughmecough) plays an OLP Stingray 5. does that count?:p