Stolen 1979 Gibson Thunderbird Bass

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Eric Lutton, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Eric Lutton

Eric Lutton

Jun 12, 2005
    The guitar is a 1979 Gibson Thunderbird S/N # 72229040. It was taken on or about August 17, 2002 in St. Louis, MO or in the Evansville, IN / Henderson, KY areas. It is natural in color. It has several distinctive features. The pickups are black Bartolini Hi-A's with "HI-A" embossed on the front. The pickguard is a custom made black/white/black laminate with a white Christian fish decal on it. The input jack (on the front by the controls on this model) is mounted on a large silver dollar sized black brass washer. The original jack broke through the body, hence the large washer. I believe the rear control panel cover is cracked. It also has the large nickel tuning keys and a Hip-Shot detuner on the "E" string. The case had my name stenciled on it. but was painted over some time back. However, you can still see my name through the paint.
    I bought this bass new and it has covered many miles with me. It is scratched, dinged, and well worn. Needless to say, I am very attached to it. There was a police report filed on it and it is also registered in the NCIC computer system. There is a SUBSTANTIAL reward for its return, with no questions asked. I can be reached at