Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen 73 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by cheezewiz, May 7, 2004.

1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    A very good friend of mine had a bass stolen in a bar last night. If you ebayers, vintage show guys, and general Fender guys could keep an eye out, I'd appreciate it.
    The bass was probably stolen by a college student (Tiffin University or Heidelberg College) who are all leaving town this week, so it could end up anywhere. The bar it was taken from is a large college hang out.

Missing is a 1973 Fender Jazz. It has an Ash body, and a maple neck and board with white blocks and binding. The face is sanded natural, and the back of the body is natural but quite yellowed. The pickguard is brown tort, and the pickups are Seymour Duncan Vintage J's. The tone knob is missing, the neck pickup volume knob is stock Fender, and the bridge pickup knob is an aftermarket knob, noticably different from the stock. The bass has strap locks, and a Hipshot D-tuner on the E string. The bass was taken in a black Fender nylon gig bag. A belt clip Sadowsky preamp, a yellow 1 foot Monster cable, and a 25ft. bright yellow cable, and an off brand tuner were also in the gig bag. If anyone hears or sees of this bass, let me know right away.

Thanks
    Pat delturco@earthlink.net

2. might want to mention what City, State, Country. I am assuming Ohio by your sig

edit: If the A*&^$L who stole it is any kind of bass player he will never get any joy out of playing it, on the flip side I can't think of any musician I know who would even consider stealing any instrument, just not done.

And if it's just some punk kid I would bet it shows up for sale since he probably has no clue what he has, probably impressed by the yellow cords more then the bass.

I hope he finds it.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yes, it was taken in Ohio. I didnt want to limit it though, since as I previously posted, it was taken in a college bar. The students have left and are obviously from all over the Country.

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I'm on ebay all the time, so I'll keep two eyes out ;)

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Since my 30th b-day, I have been constantly looking for a 73 Jazz (year I was born). Can your friend email me (jairaj(at)mindspring(dot)com) a pic of it. This will help in my travels should I come across it, I can ID'it properly.