Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen Avatar B410 in S. Chicago Suburbs

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by phatcactus, Nov 12, 2004.

1. phatcactus

phatcactus

Apr 2, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I keep my car in a lot in the southern suburb of Flossmoor when I'm in Chicago. Flossmoor is like, the quietest most boring town in America, and the people there are relatively wealthy. I knew it was a dumb idea to leave my speakers in the car, but I figured they'd be okay while I kept the car in Floosmoor.

NO DICE.

Smashed my window, took the speakers, and LEFT THE DAMN DOOR OPEN. Please, people, if you're going to steal my stuff, at least close the damn door when you leave. Manners, is all.

So if you're around Chicago, please please please be on the lookout for a black 410 cab. It's an Avatar, but there's no logo or name anywhere on it. The only real distinguishing features are the four grilles (one circular grille per speaker instead of the more common square grille that covers all four) and the jazz bass knob on the back for tweeter attenuation. The tweeter is in the middle and has no cover.

Much thanks and sadness.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'll keep my eye out for you bossman, but I had to say at least you kept your sense of humor, that's the key!! Good luck, if I see anything like it you'll know!!

3. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    I'll keep my eyes open over here in the Quad-Cities, too. You never know when something might pop up just a couple of hours away. That J-knob should be a dead giveaway. Also, was this a pay-to-park lot? Do they have insurance or anything to cover the loss? Hang tough. You might get lucky, you never know!