1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STOLEN CHADWICK FOLDING BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Amy Shook, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Amy Shook

Amy Shook

Oct 4, 2013
    Greetings Fellow Bassists! I am in search of my STOLEN CHADWICK FOLDING BASS! It was stolen off my doorstep immediately after FedEx delivered it on Friday September 27th. Serial number is 2013-8-21. I am in the Washington D.C./Baltimore/Annapolis area. Please message me back if you come across it, and alert anyone who you think might be helpful. THANKS - Amy Shook

2. Steve Swan

Steve Swan

Oct 12, 2004
    Burlingame, California
    Retailer: Shen, Sun, older European
    It is usually better to have things delivered to a business address rather than home unless someone is always reliably there to accept it. Best of luck in getting it back. We are pulling for you.

3. Just a reminder to deal with scum, stay on those pawn shops, ebay, and craigslist. High hopes for you.

4. Amy Shook

Amy Shook

Oct 4, 2013
    Thanks for keeping an eye out and an ear to the ground! I ended up finding it myself at a music instrument consignment store about 30 miles away. Fortunately, they made a photocopy of their drivers license, and have both in-store and parking lot surveillance, so prosecution is inevitable. Woot!

5. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 17, 2006
    UK
    Founder - Discover Double Bass
    Awesome news! Glad it turned out ok. :bassist:

6. Good news! Glad to hear it.

7. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
    Endorsing Artist; Arnold Schnitzer/ Wil DeSola New Standard RN DB
    That's so great!! Really happy for you!

Brian Glassman

8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

That's great news! I hope that they get what they deserve.

Did the consignment store record and report the serial number?? I think that this is required, just like for pawn shops and secondhand stores.

9. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hey Amy, that's really good news! I like happy endings. ;)

10. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    Happy! Happy! Happy!

11. Serve it cold! Good news.

12. Great news! Possibly germane: when I get large, valuable deliveries from fedex, I usually use the option to have it left at a fedex store and go get it myself, rather than risk them leaving it on my porch. Not blaming Amy at all for the theft, just saying I'm too nervous about having valuable gear on my porch for any amount of time, and I like the convenience of picking things up at my leisure rather than wondering if it will show up while I'm out.