1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen Gear. Rockford,IL

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by ShawnStones, Mar 23, 2010.

1. ShawnStones

ShawnStones

Nov 24, 2008
    Rockford,Il
    Hey guys, just putting this up here for one of my best friends and former guitarist. They had some things stolen out of their jam space. If you see any of it around the Rockford area Craigslist or Ebay or whatever, you can PM me or Reply here, I'l subscribe. or contact the band directly at www.myspace.com/silenceisbroken08. Thanks in advance.

A white Michael Kelley Patriot 6 string electric guitar. Has faded goldish hardware.

A refinished Epiphone Les Paul. Has been redone with a Maple top.

A Warwick Streamer 5 string. Maple. Broadneck. Older one. Has very significant thumb wear above the p/u.

And a Shure wireless mic.

mikeguitar.jpg

alexbass.jpg

2. i hope you find out who stole it and beat the piss out of them.
    If anyone stole my stuff i know i would atleast stab them :]

3. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOIS
    I'm near Joliet, I'll keep my eyes open for you.

4. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    I'll keep an eye out.

5. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Somebody stole Alex's Streamer? Heartbreaking... thieves suck :(

6. ShawnStones

ShawnStones

Nov 24, 2008
    Rockford,Il
    Thanks guys. Definitely a very s****y situation. I've had something like this happen to me before, came home from vacation and my Ibby was gone. Hope these things turn up, unharmed.

Yeah, Alex has had that thing for like 10 years. Been on numerous tours, all over the world. It's so much more than just a bass for him, alot of memories.

7. bass1503

bass1503

Sep 18, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I feel sorry about it.
    My eyes are focusing to Chicago craigslist!

8. DudeWheresMy182

DudeWheresMy182

Jun 23, 2004
    Milwaukee
    ill keep my eyes out as well!
    TIP: Go to the GC in Rockford, and let them know that your gear has been stolen. They should take your info (including any serial numbers you may have) and they will watch out to see if your gear tries to get sold in their store, as well as neighboring stores.

9. ShawnStones

ShawnStones

Nov 24, 2008
    Rockford,Il
    Yeah, all the music store and pawn shops have all been alerted with serial numbers and photos.

10. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I'll keep an eye out in the shops in DeKalb, Rochelle and a few other places I stop at.

11. Mesa XI

Mesa XI

Feb 25, 2009
    That's horrible man, that Les Paul was a beaut!

12. Biolink

Biolink

Apr 25, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    I live in Chicago. I'll look out for ya man

13. ShawnStones

ShawnStones

Nov 24, 2008
    Rockford,Il
    This is ridiculous. The cops suck and are being NO help. At all.

Someone went into a pawn shop here in town with the Les Paul and asked how much they could get for it. Didn't like what they heard and told the person they'd rather just keep it, and then asked how much they could get for the white Michael Kelly.

They have this person on video!!!!

Know what the cops said?!

"Oh, there's nothing we can really do".

I think this is a perfect time to quote NWA....

14. Mesa XI

Mesa XI

Feb 25, 2009

That's pretty much what the cops said to me too, gotta love living in Chicagoland

15. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Can you get a copy? Show it to your friend and see if he recognizes them.

16. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    That is not cool!
    I'd take this to your alderman/ city council person or some elected official. The Police CAN NOT be allowed to blow this off.
    It's one thing for them to say that there's nothing they can do if there's no evidence, but if you have video of someone trying to pawn or sell this stolen gear the police need to at least try to get something done.
    Good luck. This must be incredibly frustrating for the people that own this stuff.

17. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    I'm confused. Your location says you're from Chicago. But... [​IMG]

18. Mesa XI

Mesa XI

Feb 25, 2009

Haha, I have to agree with Yerf here. Chicago PD aint gonna do ****. May car was stolen a week and a half ago and they haven't given me so much as the courtesy of a call back with an update, and when I filed the report the officer was so apathetic it was almost amusing. Didn't even ask if there was anything in the car, I had to mention it while he was trying to get me off of the phone. He said "What was in there" I said "About 2 grand worth of musical equipment" and he replied "We'll let you know if anything comes up". End of convo, didn't bother asking specifics or anything, just wanted to get off of the phone.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020